Thursday, August 9, 2012

The first week of Kindergarten is almost over!

As I sit here on this Thursday night, I can't believe that tomorrow is Friday, making this first week of Kindergarten almost over! I hope that you, the parents have gotten most of your questions answered about the ins and outs of Kindergarten (pick ups, drop offs, snack, lunch accounts, etc...) and you feel a bit more comfortable about your kiddos heading off to 'big school'. I also ask that this Friday be the last day that you walk your child all the way down to class (however watching as they walk all the way down wouldn't be cheating...lol), so they can have the opportunity to gain self-confidence about knowing how to get around at their new school. Please know, you are more than welcome to email and/or call with any questions or concerns you still may have.

Many of you have already generously offered to volunteer in the classroom this year. I welcome every bit of help I can get, however I like to wait until the kids have a good hold on classroom routines, etc.. before I have parents come in to volunteer. In the meantime, I do have a few things that can be taken home to complete. Just email me to let me know if you are interested. And on the same line, I want you to know that I will be having our "Mystery Readers" this year. This will take place later in the year when rest time is phased out and a "Mystery Reader" (a surprise parent) comes in to read to our class. So, stay tuned for more information...

Again, thank you for all of your questions, emails, and offers of help/donations this week. I look forward to a great year together.

No comments:

Post a Comment