Monday, August 5, 2013

The First Day of Kindergarten Has Come and Gone!

I don't know about you, but I could use a nap! Lol. We had a whirlwind day today. Between touring our school, learning our classroom procedures, and just learning how to 'be' in school, it was quite a day. Do you want your child to share more with you about school, other than is it was 'good'? Ask your child to tell you about smilies/frownies, class/yes, rule #1, or the ten finger wooooo!

For the rest of the week, we will continue to work on our classroom procedures and expectations. We will focus on creating a classroom community by getting to know each other through fun games and activities.

Afternoon Transportation
You may have noticed your child go home with a tag on their backpack. This tag is to let our staff  know how your child gets home in the afternoon, so please keep it on for at least the next few weeks. If your kiddo needs a new one, please do not hesitate to email me.

Specials
if you have a chance, take a gander over to the right hand side and look at our specials schedule. please note that on PE days, students should come to school with shoes they can run in, no flip flops or sandals.

Don't see what you are looking for?
Please let me know how I can make this blog better. If there is something you would like me to mention and/or add, please feel free to email me and let me know. I am always looking for ways to make our blog more parent friendly:-)

Last, but not least....
A BIG thank you to you, the parents for entrusting me with your kids. Being a parent myself, I know how hard it can be to leave your baby with someone you don't know very well, in a place that your child doesn't know at all. I know it was a big day (and not just for the kiddos) and I want thank you for trusting me to take care of them. I am looking forward to a year of excitement and growth together.




No comments:

Post a Comment