Friday, August 2, 2013

Meet The Teacher

WOW! What a turn out. Thank you to everyone who took time out of their Friday night to come meet me and see our classroom. It was nice to see the all the kids' smiling, excited faces. I am so excited to start the new year together and I hope you are, too!

Some things to remember for Monday...

The first day
I had a few parents ask tonight, so I want to make sure to address the 'Can I walk my child to the room on the first day' question. The answer is of course, YES!! It is expected that you, as a parent will want to walk your child to class the first day (even the first week). I have found that after the first week, most kiddos are feeling pretty good and can get to class on their own, however, if they are still a bit hesitant after the first week, please let me know, so we (parent and teacher) can talk about how to make your child feel more comfortable.

Confirming transportation
When you came in for staggered entry, you signed a form stating how your child would get home on the first day and the rest of the year. On Monday, please make sure you confirm/initial how your child will be getting home (on Monday and the rest of the year) on the transportation form in Mrs.McGarry's room.

Meet the Teacher Envelope
When you came in our classroom, you were given an envelope with various forms (our schedule, classroom behavior information, volunteer forms, "All About Your Kindergartner", etc...). Please make sure to review the forms and return on Monday. Please do not hesitate to email  me should you have any questions/concerns about ANYTHING :-)

Snack
Although this hasn't come up yet, I want to make sure to address snack. Right now, we are scheduled to have snack at 3:00pm. In order to make sure your child does not accidentally eat their snack during lunch time, please make sure it is in a separate bag (not in your child's lunch bag)with your child's name on it. You may even want to talk with your child, so they are aware of what is snack and what is lunch.

Kid Connection Daily Folder
Each afternoon, your child will be go home with a a metallic green folder. Please check it each night. In it, you will find your child's behavior form, as well as any pertinent information that you need to know. All other work will go home on Friday.

Wish List
Thank you to everyone who took a wish list item this evening from our board. One item I forgot to add was a box of extra snacks for students who have forgotten a snack.

Again, thank you for taking the time to meet me tonight. I am looking forward to a fantastic year with you and your child.







No comments:

Post a Comment